Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekend Ready + A Game of Tag


I'm very excited about this weekend.  Today Rylie has her first ever school/class Halloween party!  Sadly I will miss some of it to go to the OB and take my dreaded glucose test, but my amazing Dad is going to stay with Rylie until I get there (because he's the best Papa a Rylie could ever have!). I hope to get plenty of pictures of the festivities. Then on Saturday morning we have Christmas Made in the South!  We've been going to this arts and crafts event for years and love it!!  We've assembled a great little group of us women to all go down there and have fun on Saturday morning.  Saturday night we'll take Rylie trick-or-treating.  I'm not sure what our exact plans are yet, but we'll be sure to get lots of pics then too.  I'm going to try and focus on all the fun this weekend and not Rylie's upcoming surgery on Tuesday, if I think too hard about that I'll just worry myself silly. Below is a survey that I borrowed from my fantastic cousin Jessica.  She's my fashion inspiration and an awesome blogger. If you feel so led, blog your own responses to the questions. I love reading about all my bloggy friends!  So if you blog and you read this, consider yourself tagged! I hope everyone has a safe an happy Halloween!!

Tagged...

I kickstart my day with... Coffee. My husband grinds the beans himself every night and brews it first thing in the morning. He even delivers my coffee ready-made in the morning (half & half and splenda in it) in my favorite mug...b/c he's THE best.

Other daily essentials... iphone, Carmex chapstick, my baby and husband.

Recent splurge...no REAL splurges lately, we have a baby on the way. The most I've splurged is when Jason and I bought a bevvy of Yankee Candle's this weekend ($76 worth of candles for $24...love coupons).

Dreaming about...my baby boy...and my nephew...can't wait to meet them.

Beauty indulgence...the occasional pedicure (I'm in great need of one now). Other than that I'm obsessed with dark fall nail colors (but they don't have to be expensive).

Can't stop watching...Glee. Jason and I am late to this game, but we were fast fans.  We're watching Season 1 on Netflix and slightly obsessed. We are true "Gleeks".

Top shop...Well, clothes really aren't my thing lately since I'm pregant (no huge investment pieces are going to be bought now). Lately I've been enjoying Target, TJ Maxx and Amazon.com.  When I'm not preggo I'll be scouring the stores for some new cute clothes!

Working out to...ok that's it. I'm going to be walking my preggo booty more. I've been slacking off for sure.  But a few months ago my beloved workout mix on my iphone consisted of OK Go, The Ting Tings, Kesha, Jamirquai, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Daft Punk and more.

Signature scent...I don't really have one...I need one. Suggestions? I currently use the Sweet Pea body spray from Bath and Bodyworks...sad but true.

You won't find me...on the phone much. I hate talking on the phone unless it's to my husband/sister/Mom. Otherwise I'm not a fan. Email me, text me, FB message me or tweet me. Please?

I heart...my family and friends. I'm so incredibly in love with my husband and Rylie that it's unreal.  Besides my little family unit I have a huge and awesome family.  I'm not a person who has TON's of friends, but recently I've made some very dear and true friends...and I heart them very much too!






2 comments:

  1. Love this, sweet girl. Tyler and I are obsessed with Glee, too! Oh and I haaate talking on the phone. It's so awkward. As far as a new scent, you need to try Marc Jacobs Daisy. It's so fresh and clean. I love it! Hope you have a fabulous week. Praying for you all. Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok hon, I'm totally trying out Marc Jacobs Daisy (where can I find it to sample the smell?). Also SO glad to hear ya'll are obsessed with Glee too (we actually get made fun of by everyone we know b/c we love it). Oh and thanks for the prayers!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete