Monday, September 28, 2009
I think instead of planning my week, I'll just plan my day. Have a cup of coffee and decide what's important and what can wait. This morning I'm looking at the calendar and I can't believe that we'll be headed to Virginia next week. WHOA. But I'm too excited/nervous/anxious/happy about that to think about it this week. Besides my normal cleaning up around here, laundry, dishes and working out schedule. I think this week I'll focus on my closet and Rylie's closet. Rylie has TONS of clothes but many in her closet will no longer fit. Which is sad to me. She's not like me and can hold onto them in hopes of fitting into them again. Nope, she'll NEVER fit into that precious little sundress she wore this spring, or that darling little bathing suit, or that teeny tiny pink striped sweater she wore on her first doctor's visit. It's just insane. I'm another story alltogether. I looooooove my pregnancy clothes. I worked so I had to have decent maternity clothes, so I have a ton. Long sleeved, casual, dressy, jeans, sweaters...it goes on. But I can't wear those now (obviously). And what I'm left with are my pre-pregnancy clothes. Everything that is fall/winter clothes seems like a joke. No one told me that my boobs would get bigger and stay bigger...even though I didn't nurse. So all the tops are ill fitting. And the pants. Ohhhh...the pants. I am the same weight I was before Rylie but my hips...they're not. Ugh. Will they ever be? Who knows? OK, this is depressing. Oh...and b/c I'm A.D.D. Regis and Kelly are on and WHOA does she have guns. I mean, I like muscule tone on a woman but her arms are bordering on scary.
OK, enough talk...err....type. Time to get off of this computer and start my week. I'm gung ho! Don't get in my way folks!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
- Making a mean face when her eyes start to roll around and then grin at me.
- Impressing and annoying me with her new "gah", "blah", and "gra" sounds.
- Sleepily finding her mouth with her little fingers and chewing on her hand.
- Doing push ups, on me.
2. I want it to feel like fall here SO badly that I'm coming up with ways to be festive. This week I plan on making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins and possibly coming up with a craft project with fall leaves. I know Rylie is only 8 months old, but we can still craft, right?
3. This morning, after reading the winner's list from the Emmy's last night, I realized that I barely watch primetime tv. Sure, I'll dvr Grey's Anatomy or I'm slightly getting into The Biggest Loser...but I don't have a clue about any of the shows that won. If it comes on after Rylie goes to bed, I really don't watch it.
4. Rylie has 5, yes 5 Halloween outfits already. Well technically she has 4, one is ordered from Etsy and on it's way. Is this normal? I mean she can only wear them for a month and never again. Lord willing either we'll have another girl or Amy (twin sis) will have one eventually. Can you say rotten?
5. Looking down at my baby last night I realized that motherhood is just intense. Intense love and affection for this little person and sometimes intense frustration and impatience...or maybe that's just me. I'm just realizing that emotions seem to be more intense when she's involved.
OK, those are my thoughts this Monday morning. I feel good that they're out there and in print. I know it's going to be a great week.