Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Banana Bread

It's no secret that I'm a bit pumpkin crazy lately. I'm also quite thrifty when I need to be too! Yesterday morning I walked through my kitchen and realized I had 2 bananas that needed to be used NOW. I also knew I had 1/2 a can of pumpkin in my fridge that was about to get thrown out if I didn't use it soon (the other 1/2 can went in the pancakes last week). With this knowledge in hand I consulted Google and found a few recipes I liked and edited them until I came up with this delicious Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Here are the ingredients, you probably have most/all of these in your kitchen now.


Mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then slowly mix them together (in 3 parts).


Spray the loaf pan with cooking spray and dust it generously with cinnamon/sugar.


Pour in the loaf pan and bake @350 degrees for 45min-an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Let cool...I promise your house will smell amazing at this point!


Slice, slather with butter and enjoy!


Pumpkin Banana Bread

2 Mashed Ripe Bananas
1 cup(or 1/2 a can) Pumpkin Puree
2 T Canola Oil
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 C Sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp Cinnamon

*For the cinnamon/sugar I mixed about 2-3 tbsp of sugar and a tsp of cinnamon.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan and set aside. Combine mashed bananas, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients. Add the dry ingredients in about 3 parts. Stir the batter after each addition until smooth. Combine your cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl and then sprinkle mix into bottom and sides of greased pan. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45 min to hour or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin is pretty much the way to my heart. SERIOUSLY. I love your blog. You are so creative! And OF COURSE you can use that idea from my blog on yours. I'd love to read your answers! I'm glad we both agree about Cam Newton's awesomeness:)

    ReplyDelete