Friday, October 8, 2010

First Day in Virginia!


Good afternoon! Well we made it to Virginia. The trip was long and pretty uneventful. Oliver had a hard time adjusting to such a long car ride, but he had his moments of calm. Rylie did really well given the circumstances, bless her heart. We left at 9:30am and made it by 7pm. When we got here we had a huge salad and pizza from our favorite pizza place in Roanoke, Grace's Place! Perfect ending to a long day of driving!

After dinner we got Rylie right in bed and headed down to the den to visit and I finally got my first neck/shoulder/foot rub of my trip. Amazing and greatly needed after the drive up (thanks momily-in-law!). Rylie got up around 6:50am...which is pretty normal for her. We snuggled up in bed for a bit and then she was ready to start playing!

Playing in her room.

Walking all over Mae Mae's house!

We had a delicious breakfast too. How welcoming!! Biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs, coffee and juice...oh my! Rylie was a huge fan of the eggs and the biscuits and gravy. I just hope there is leftover gravy...it's ridiculously delicious!


After breakfast there was more relaxing by Jason and I and more playing and walking all over by Rylie. For lunch everyone else had salad and pizza, my poor pregnant stomach can't take anymore heartburn so Jason and I ran down to the Co-op and I got an organic Turkey Sandwich from the deli there (soooooo delicious) and salad. After lunch Jason, Rylie, Ollie and I went outside for a little sun on the back porch.

This is her cheesy smile.

Being friends with Oliver

Have a great afternoon everyone. Many more Virginia updates to come!

1 comment: