Monday, December 6, 2010

An Emory Checkup and Day 6 of the Challenge

Hi there!  Today was a LONG day.  Today Rylie had her post-op appointment with Dr. Lenhart at Emory.  We headed up around 10am, grabbed lunch at a little (pricey) diner off of Ponce de Leon and made it to the doctor's office right on time.  It was the perfect time because we were the only people there (which is SO rare). Everyone thought Rylie looked so cute in her Santa outfit and so far her eyes look great.  There is still a slight deviation on occasion to turn inward but with patching and glasses they seem confident that her alignment will stay straight.  All we can do is persist with the vision therapy.  She is doing much better with glasses and now that she's over this sinus infection we can patch again.  We just adore her doctor, it's such a blessing that she was assigned to us!  Thankfully though our next appointment is in 4 months...whew...no more long rides up for awhile.  Right now Rylie and I are chilling out to Yo Gabba Gabba and my husband is cooking Shrimp Stirfry for dinner because he is THE best husband in the world. It's true.  The folks at the pediatric opthamology reception desk even insisted he looks like George Clooney (which I won't argue with...I know my man is handsome!). Ok, now onto Day 6 of my Blog Challenge!


My cutie pie at her appointment today!

Day 6 - A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet.


This is hard because we already have 3 pets if you don't include our fish...and I think we're pretty full up on pets here, but if I could choose any pet I'd choose this:




I would love love love to have a Labradoodle.  I know, weird name, but it's a Labrador and a Poodle mix and I  just think they're SO beautiful.  I my little Oliver though...but I wish he had a big clumsy playmate and I think one of these would be awesome!  At this point we'd probably adopt a pet from a local shelter though.  My favorite website is Petfinder.com . I browsed their site for 10 minutes for this challenge and had to get off of it before I ran out and added another mouth to feed here at the Griffith household.  I love our cats...but I am SUCH a dog person.  What kind of animal would you love to have?


I leave you with a picture of the dog I love most in the entire world, my Olive (Oliver Phinneas Griffith).

2 comments:

  1. She's seriously so adorable in her glasses! And I love that Christmas outfit! Glad her eyes are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rylie's outfit! She is always such a cutie. And Oliver, too!

    ReplyDelete