Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's Day Goodies!`

Hi there! It's the month of looooove.  If you know me, you know that I love Valentine's Day and with the big day nearly a week away I had to post about it. We always made it a fun day growing up.  My parents would have flowers and candy waiting for us downstairs when we woke up.  As I got older my Mom would still buy us (and still does) Valentine "happies" and my Dad would sometimes bring us roses!  The first Valentine's Day that Jason and I spent together was the first one I'd ever been IN love.  Yes, he was my very first (and only) love.  He went all out with gifts, cards, candy.  We even watched one of my all time favorite movies, You've Got Mail.  Since then he's done a great job with Valentine's Day.  It's a day to celebrate not only the one you're IN love with, but also the other ones you love.  Here are a few of my favorite Valentine "happies". Spread the love ya'll!

1. Optimism mug from The Peacock Shop on Etsy

I love being a "glass half full" kind of girl and this mug is SO me.  I think drinking coffee out of it every day would be a great start to any day!  Anything in this shop would be a great gift for V-day, my friend Kathlyn is SO creative, check out her other items too!

2. Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond


I am a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  I love her blog, I love her cookbook and I just plain think she's the bee's knees.  She tells it like is and is humble despite the fact that each of her blog posts has about 40,000 comments on them.  Is that crazy or what?  This book is her novel and it's about how she went from city mouse to country mouse and fell in love in the process.  I'm SO excited to read it. I love myself a good love story.

3. Tiffany Notes Love Disc Charm



I love love love this necklace. I think it's perfect.  With this simple charm it says everything that needs to be said on Valentine's Day. I love you.  Three words that can change your life!  Plus, it's from Tiffany and Company.  What girl wouldn't swoon when they see that little blue box on Valentine's Day? Simple perfection.

4. Hot Pink Roses and Travis

Maybe I'm really cliche but I love pink roses.  Not a dusty pink.  HOT pink roses.  They make me happy.  Jason gave me pink roses when we'd been dating for 3 months and I always think back on that exciting day and can't help but to LOVE me some pink roses.  Also THIS song by Travis makes me think of flowers.  I listened to this song (Flowers in the Window) a million times when we were dating.  Love me some love songs and pink roses!

5. A Hot Date with the Man I Loooooove.

One of my favorite self portraits from our honeymoon

Nothing in the world beats face time with this man.  He's my best friend, my partner, my loooove.  I can't get enough of him folks.  We've been together nearly 5 years and I've yet to get sick of him.  There would be nothing better on Valentine's Day (or a day near and around there) than to have face time with him alone.   I'm hoping to try out one of two places for dinner that I've been dying to go to if we get someone to watch the kids (and we have had a very generous offer ).  Every single day I thank God for this man and I can't wait to have many many more Valentine's Days with him.

What are your favorite Valentine's memories or happies that YOU want for the day of love? I think today Rylie and I are going to go old school and make some V-Day cards for loved ones.  She is totally into coloring right now and Lord knows I need to be crafty  =)  I hope ya'll are having a great weekend and one last thing...


Happy 1 Month Birthday to Rowan!!
You make this life even more wonderful with your delicious cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment