Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

We had such a nice and relaxing NYE around here.  We went up to my Mom's and had dinner with my parents, Amy, Matt and Elliot and Mamaw.  Amy made delicious Ranch Oyster Crackers (an old NYE favorite in our family), Amy and I made Pasta E Fagioli and I made THIS dessert, Cake Batter Blondies. AMAZING.  So easy you must try them, and festive too! Thank God we have leftovers.  We had a great time hanging out and came home by 8:30.  Jason and I watched some Star Trek and stayed up just late enough to get a Happy New Year's smooch before rolling over and going to sleep  =)  I borrowed this little New Year's survey from Karen (who I think borrowed it from someone else). Much easier than summarizing my year myself.  I hope everyone has had a great start to 2011!!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I became an Aunt. I became pregnant with a baby boy! I took my girl to her first day of preschool. 
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make any but I do like to make some goals.  I'm still coming up with my goals but here are a few I have in mind so far:
  • Read more books (I'm already doing great on this w/ the help of my Kindle).
  • Invest more time in my friendships (with new, old and family friends).
  • Workout 4-5 days a week (after the baby of course)
  • Refocus my food efforts on healthful foods (less processed, more nutrient rich), just the way I was eating before I got pregnant and decided to eat a little more junk food.
  • Spend more time focused solely on Rylie, Jason (and eventually Rowan). Distraction free. TV off, smartphone down.
  • Read in my Chronological Bible each day (a cool Christmas gift).

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My twin sister gave birth to my nephew Elliot! He's perfect! Also my cousin Marybeth gave birth to her son, Colt, on the very same day that Amy had Elliot.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. I did have a dear friend lose a baby though and I watched her deal with it with such grace.  She amazes me with her positivity, love her.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ole' USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A son  =) 
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 16th, Rylie's first birthday and Nov. 19th, Elliot's birthday!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Well in the first 4 months of 2010 I lost 20 lbs. Yay!  I was very proud of myself, and then I got pregnant.  In 2011 my goal is to lose all the baby weight plus about 10 more lbs. I know I can do it!  
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't feel like I really "failed" at anything this year really. I wish I would have read more books and watched less Bravo  =)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than being insanely pregnant? No.  This kid seems WAY harder on my body than Rylie was. He definitely wants to make sure he's the baby of the family =)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't do much buying this year besides groceries, baby stuff and gifts for other people...so I'm not sure.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Rylie and medical bills (again, Rylie).
13. What did you get really excited about?
Becoming an Aunt, becoming pregnant with a baby boy and yes...discovery Glee!
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything Glee related.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, but I'm just a happy person generally.
– thinner or fatter? Fatter...I'm almost 38 wks pregnant.
– richer or poorer? Ask the husband. He's the money.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Dates with the husband.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Computer and dvr.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family here in GA.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee Glee and Glee
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The Big Stone Gap series by Adriana Trigiani.  I sped through the first book, got the 2nd book on my Kindle for Christmas (read it in 4 days) and am now working on the 3rd book. Check them out.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Glee. I sound like a broken record but it's the truth ya'll.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I so haven't had time to watch movies this year. Or at least anything new.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to Thai House with the family and had cookie cake. It was perfect. I turned 29. SO trying to hold onto my 20's.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time alone with Jason.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Hah. I was actually getting better (and into) this whole fashion thing before I got pregnant.  Now I'm just determined to make my old maternity clothes work.  2011 will definitely be more fashionable.
26. What kept you sane?
Family, friends and Oliver.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
"Keeping it light" on Facebook, especially with family members. And just keeping my mouth shut period on FB, good and bad.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Love reading your blog! Praying for a healthy, happy birth... :) Megon

    ReplyDelete