Friday, August 5, 2011

What Motivates YOU?

Hi friends! I hope ya'll are having a good week.  We're winding down our summer routine here at the Griffith household because in less than a week Rylie will be back in school for the year.  Yes she's 2, but she goes to such a great preschool 2 days a week.  It's good though because on Wednesday's and Friday's I'll get 4 hours alone with my little man Rowan!  So, onto talking about our health!

The sunrise sky on my way out of the gym this morning!
This is definitely a perk of early workouts!

This week I've been doing some thinking on what motivates me.  I came up with the three main ways that I stay motivated to be healthy, workout and eat well.  I hope you'll give your thoughts on my motivators and share YOUR motivators.

1. Friends and Family

Two of my biggest motivators, Jason and Amy!

This one is SO important.  Jason is my biggest fan and helps me so much.  He makes sure I get to the gym 3 mornings a week, he's on board with anything healthy I want to cook, he agrees not to buy junky food and bring it in the house.  He pushes me when I need pushing and holds me up when I want to stop.  My sister is also a huge help.  Amy is my workout buddy.  We may not always workout together, but we're always asking about workouts and comparing.  Maybe it's twin competition?  Then there are my friends on Twitter who give me virtual pats on the back and high fives for busting my booty at the gym too.  Every little bit helps!  If you don't have a good support system in this area, create one!  Amy and I just joined Weight Watchers meetings this week to kick up our efforts and I had so much fun at the meeting.  It only took 40 minutes out of my day and I felt inspired, motivated and hopeful.  Who is your support system?

2. Blogs!


My Google Reader is full of healthy living blogs and I read them at any chance I get.  I have far too many to list them all but a few of my favorites are Healthy Tipping Point, Kath Eats Real Food, The Fitnessista, Carrots n Cake and Food Fitness Fashion.  All of these gals have such a healthy and real perspective on food and fitness.  I love reading the blogs to get ideas, feel motivated, set a new fitness goal or even identify with their struggles.  Check them out and I bet you'll feel motivate too.  Do you read any healthy blogs?  If so, what are they?

3. Inspiration Board

Inspiration Board on my fridge.

This is a new one to me and I just made this last week.  I've started going on Pinterest and printing motivational quotes and putting them on the fridge (or wherever I can find).  Jason really loves when I do this.  They aren't meant to guilt you into making a healthy choice or make you feel bad (so that's why I have no pictures of Jillian Michaels abs on there), they're meant to inspire and lift you up.  Try hanging up some inspiration and see if it helps.

Another motivational message on our fridge!

Now I'm off to get us ready to meet Rylie's teacher for this school year.  I finally found my camera battery charger too, so stay tuned for my (late) contribution to this week's photography challenge.  Better late than never, right?  Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! My favorite quote is the one that said, "Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.". I love it! Ha, ha. So true. Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete