Friday, August 26, 2011

Photography Challenge Week 5

Doesn't go with the assignment, but I LOVE this shot...makes me smile.

Hi friends!  I hope you had a great week.  We stay busy here at the Griffith household, even when we really don't have much going on.  This week I've been thinking so much about expectations.  I had very finite expectations of what I thought motherhood would be like, what my kids would be like and how we'd all behave as a family.  Well I've been a mother for almost 3 years now and I've realized that being that rigid in my expectations only sets me up for disappointment.  We've taken a few hits in the medical department.  Rylie has had 2 surgeries and Rowan had one at just 3 months old...I did not expect that.  Rylie is SO smart and unique in her own way, but she doesn't say much...I didn't expect that.  Having two little kids isn't twice as hard as having one, it's 10x harder....I didn't expect that.  I think I'm still learning to adjust my expectations and enjoy the wonderful and surprisingly beautiful parts of motherhood.  My children are SUCH tiny blessings to our family, unique and beautiful just the way God made them.  I can't wait to see all the many ways that they continue to surprise me and teach me more about life.  

With that I leave you with my two shots this week for my photography assignment.  This week it's to take a shot from a high angle.  I captured my babes in a rare moment of quiet playtime together.  

They put the color inside of my world.

It's hard to put into words the joy that this boy brings into our lives.

I'm linking up with the other bloggers doing the photography challenge HERE. Check them out and let me know you favorite ones!  Have a great weekend ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and pics!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are playing together so nicely :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think yours is my favorite blog to visit of all the photo challenge entrants- it's like we speak the same language on life for sure! I've been thinking on this for a long time- ideals vs. reality. Someday I'll be able to soak up the present more and worry about the future less... I hope at least! Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete