Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Factoids


So in an attempt to get my thoughts on paper...err...or on the screen....these are factoids. Where I'm am right now at the beginning of my week.


1. Rylie is the master of fighting sleep. If they had an award for fighting sleep...she'd win. Some of her tactics for staying awake are:


  • Making a mean face when her eyes start to roll around and then grin at me.

  • Impressing and annoying me with her new "gah", "blah", and "gra" sounds.

  • Sleepily finding her mouth with her little fingers and chewing on her hand.

  • Doing push ups, on me.

2. I want it to feel like fall here SO badly that I'm coming up with ways to be festive. This week I plan on making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins and possibly coming up with a craft project with fall leaves. I know Rylie is only 8 months old, but we can still craft, right?


3. This morning, after reading the winner's list from the Emmy's last night, I realized that I barely watch primetime tv. Sure, I'll dvr Grey's Anatomy or I'm slightly getting into The Biggest Loser...but I don't have a clue about any of the shows that won. If it comes on after Rylie goes to bed, I really don't watch it.


4. Rylie has 5, yes 5 Halloween outfits already. Well technically she has 4, one is ordered from Etsy and on it's way. Is this normal? I mean she can only wear them for a month and never again. Lord willing either we'll have another girl or Amy (twin sis) will have one eventually. Can you say rotten?


5. Looking down at my baby last night I realized that motherhood is just intense. Intense love and affection for this little person and sometimes intense frustration and impatience...or maybe that's just me. I'm just realizing that emotions seem to be more intense when she's involved.


OK, those are my thoughts this Monday morning. I feel good that they're out there and in print. I know it's going to be a great week.


1 comment:

  1. You should know - fighting sleep is another thing she gets from our side. SO SORRY. Also? I love your blog. Eternal Optimist most certainly. The world could take a cue from my beautiful sister in law...

    ReplyDelete