Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just like riding a bike.


Everyday I open up my Time Hop app and get a daily dose of what I was doing last year, 2 years ago, or even 5 years ago on this very day according to the internet. I enjoy the chubby faced pictures of baby Rylie and pictures of family outings I forgot we had but when I see old blog postings I get so sad! I let life get in the way of blogging about our family. We moved, Rowan became mobile, Rylie went through a rough time and these days we are running all the time. I've started blog posts 15 times catching up on where we left off, why I've been so busy or trying to come up with cool content. Turns out I'm not that girl. I'm the one that likes to use this space as a visual memory book. What did our weeks look like,, what did the kids enjoy, remember that recipe because it was a hit. That's me. So instead of trying to catch up, explain how much life has been lives since my last blog post or coming up with a new plan I'm going back to basics. Blogging several times a week about our everyday. I want to remember this. It's hard and beautiful and fun and full of laughter, tears and such a beautiful mess. If blogging is like riding a bike then I'm strapping on my helmet and kicking off the curb. Let's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment