Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day + lots of pictures.

Happy Valentine's Day! This day may seem cheesy to some, but I love Valentine's Day!  I think of it as a day to celebrate all the people you love SO much. Some may think the day is just commercialized to sell chocolate and some may think it's sappy, but I love chocolate and all things sappy, so I love this day =)  This morning, inspired by my friend Kelly, I think I'll make the kids some pink heart pancakes.  She also made pink milk, but I think the colored milk will lose it's cool factor in a sippy cup.  These are the goody bags awaiting my 2 love bugs this morning.


Just a little happy for them.  It's amazing how happy you can make 2 little kids by shopping out of the Target $1 bin.  Haha. The lollipops with capes are from their cousin Elliot!

I thought I'd take a few minutes and share a few pictures from last week/weekend.  Our life in pictures is what the blog should be called!


Earlier in the week I attempted to use the Easy Button on the kids.  You know those days when they can be whiny and into everything?  It was one of those days.  For future reference, this stupid button only mocked me by telling me "That was easy!". Haha


I loved this sweet picture I took of Rylie and her sweet language pathologist Lindsay.  I cannot say enough about how wonderful Lindsay is with Rylie and how fun it is to watch Rylie work SO hard for her. Rylie is definitely making progress with her speech, slowly but surely.


You walk out of the room for a minute and what does this little guy do? He looks like he tried to do the tango with the vacuum cord here.  What a little stinker.


On Saturday my sweet friend Kathlyn and her little family came up for a visit.  They moved to Dothan a few months ago and we've been missing them so much.  In a few months they will meet their new addition and I cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.  My guess is girl!  Jessi and Caden came over too and we had homemade pizzas and lots of great conversation.  My time with these ladies is precious!


I had to share the cute items from her shop that Kathlyn brought me in exchange for some baby items.  Are these not THE cutest???


Saturday night my awesome parents came and stayed at the house so that Jason and I could go out for some shopping, coffee and then a late viewing of Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D!!  We had SO much fun together.  I never saw the first episode in the theater, so I was thrilled.  I cannot express how blessed I am that THIS man, no other, is MY husband.  We got home at 1am (my parents rock for staying that long).


This picture perfectly sums up our Sunday morning.  We all slept in until 9am and this is Rowan being goofy while Jason plays us some jazz.  It was so lovely.

Finally, just for my own reference, or to anyone interested, here is how I did on running this week.  I amped up the frequency of my runs and I can really feel my endurance getting better.  It's weird to say, but I actually look forward to running now.  I crave it.  Words I never thought I'd type.  Hopefully I'll get better and better before my 5k in April. I ran 4 times and covered almost 14 miles!



Well, I hope ya'll have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Love and hugs and LOTS of chocolate!  So, what did ya'll get for Valentine's Day?  Or how did you spend it with someone that you love?

1 comment:

  1. Just loved this blog and all the pictures. That Rowan is a hoot! The tango pic was really my favorite!

    ReplyDelete