Monday, July 25, 2011

Health, Fitness and BBQ Chicken Pizza

Cutest. Picture. Ever.

Hi friends!  How was your weekend?  Ours flew by (as usual).  Sometimes I feel like all we do is clean this house.  It never looks like we do, but we do.  I heard someone once compare cleaning your house while you have kids to shoveling snow during a blizzard.  SO true.  Who is with me?

In my last post I mentioned writing a few healthy living post.  I love all things health and wellness related.  I'm no fitness model but I do love reading and learning about every aspect of healthy living.  Its hard when you have 2 small kids at home to not want to eat all of their goldfish crackers or put your feet up while they nap instead of spending time on the treadmill.  I have really enjoyed making an effort to workout lately though.  I do RPM (spin) class Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 6am and I LOVE it.  It's so intense but the music is fun and I feel so accomplished by 7am.  I also run 2 non-RPM days a week.  Despite working out 5 days a week and drinking tons of water I'm still not losing weight. I feel slimmer and more toned, but the scale isn't budging so I've returned to sparkpeople.com  Sparkpeople is a great website that helps you track what you're eating (and much more) for FREE.  I have a phone app too (also free) and it's SO simple to add up what I'm eating.  The only thing I can figure is that I just need to reign in the goldfish and weekends full of cupcakes and pies (I'm not kidding).  What do you do, besides working out, that helps you melt the pounds off?  I'm up for trying it!

Now I leave you with one of my favorite healthy recipes.  This is a recipe Amy and I adapted from a Cooking Light recipe years ago.  It's always a crowd pleaser and it's so much better for you than ordering Domino's.  I promise!



BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 small can tomato sauce
3/4 cup (or so) BBQ Sauce, I use Sweet Baby Ray's spicy flavor
salt, pepper, garlic powder
1-1.5 cups grilled, diced chicken breasts
cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 green onions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (we like Cabot's light cheese)
1 whole wheat pizza crust or fresh pizza dough (publix has them for less than $2)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix tomato sauce and bbq sauce in a small bowl.  Use whatever ratio you like.  We like more bbq sauce than tomato.  Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Top pizza crust with sauce, top with cheese, chicken, tomatoes and green onions.
Bake for 15-20 minutes (possibly longer if you're using dough instead of a ready made crust).
Enjoy!

Question of the day! What health food or fitness craze can you just NOT get into?  Mine is coconut water  I know it's supposed to be good and hydrating, but yuck!  I keep trying to like it and just do not.
Have a great day ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried a multivitamin that includes metabolism support? I take women's one a day with metabolism support. I think it helps when I dive into kids nuggets and indulge my sweet tooth! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite kind of pizza is definitely BBQ Chicken! SO good! Thanks for sharing the recipe- I'll have to try your version :-) Our farm family owners appreciate your support!
    I'm with you on the coconut water- but my husband loves it. To each his own! :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete